Refresh your browser, update your bookmarks, dunk your cookies in milk, whatever seems appropriate. Articles, reflections, and news updates from the Centre for Christian Studies can now be found on the CCS website . The centreforchristianstudies.wordpress.com site will show a feed of recent articles and posts (and, you know, might be drawn into service in times of crisis, like if the server hosting our website crashes). If you haven’t yet, why not wander over to the CCS website and check it out.
Welcome to CCS Blog (mirror site)This is a mirror site for the Centre for Christian Studies. Check out the feed of recent articles in the sidebar, or pop over to www.ccsonline.ca to learn more about CCS and its programs.
Search the blog:
- We have exciting news! June 12, 2018The Centre for Christian Studies is delighted to announce that Marcie Gibson is joining our Program Staff team on a permanent basis. Marcie has been working with the Centre for the last two years on contract, facilitating the Integration Year and coordinating field placements. She grew up in the Anglican tradition, is a graduate of CCS and a Diaconal … Con […]
- It’s a Communications Coordinator! May 25, 2018Welcome Kimiko! The Central Council of the Centre for Christian Studies is pleased to announce that Kimiko Karpoff will be permanently joining the staff of the Centre as Communications and Recruitment Coordinator, beginning June 1st. Kimiko is a graduate of the Centre, and a diaconal minister in New Westminster, British Columbia. Her evocative photography, d […]
- Baptised and formed – Ecumenical Conversations on the Diaconate May 25, 2018CCS staff Lori Stewart and David Lappano attended the International Anglican-Roman Catholic-Ukrainian Catholic Conference on the Diaconate, Regina, May 10 – 13. Lori Stewart and I recently had the opportunity to travel to Regina to attend an ecumenical ‘Anglican – Roman Catholic – Ukrainian Catholic Conference on the Diaconate’. We knew this would be a … Co […]
- Convergence and Divergence – Reflections on the Ecumenical Diaconate May 25, 2018CCS staff Lori Stewart and David Lappano attended the International Anglican-Roman Catholic-Ukrainian Catholic Conference on the Diaconate, Regina, May 10 – 13. As one lone United Church person at a conference of Anglicans and Roman Catholics, I might have been lost in the crowd but the fact that the focus was on the diaconate and … Continue reading "C […]
- Got privilege? – White Privilege Conference Global May 25, 2018I had the amazing privilege (no pun intended) of attending the White Privilege Conference Global in May, held for the first time in Canada. (It has been held in the U.S. for the past nineteen years). It was an amazing event, and I was delighted that other than school boards, the United Church of Canada … Continue reading "Got privilege? – White Privileg […]
- Six reasons to learn at CCS May 25, 2018Theme learning circles for the Centre for Christian Studies' 2018-2019 school year.
- Building a More Diverse Family May 18, 2018This is an excerpt from the book Times and Tides: BC Conference — an overview 1970–2017. The chapter “Building a More Diverse Family” was written by CCS Communications staff person, Kimiko Karpoff. In some ways my family’s story, my story, is illustrative of the larger story of ethnic and intercultural ministries within the United Church. It is … Continue […]
- Learning on Purpose 2018 registration deadline extended May 2, 2018Deadline to register for Learning on Purpose 2018 has been extended to May 15.
- A circle of Right Relations April 26, 2018The Right Relations learning circle gathered from April 19 – 25. CCS students were joined by students from the Sandy Saulteaux Spiritual Centre, six continuing studies students (both lay and clergy), Elders and special guests.
- Prayers for the children April 26, 2018Richard Manley Tanis is the Minister of Evangelism, Mission & Church Development at the Winnipeg Presbytery, the incoming principal at St. Andrew’s College in Saskatoon and a graduate of CCS. This is a reflection from his blog A Deacon’s Musing. Creator’s Children This last Sunday I offered the Prayers of the People during the Annual … Continue reading […]
- We have exciting news! June 12, 2018
Common ThreadsWould you like to receive CCS news and updates directly to your inbox? Sign up for Common Threads our bi-weekly community update.