Refresh your browser, update your bookmarks, dunk your cookies in milk, whatever seems appropriate. Articles, reflections, and news updates from the Centre for Christian Studies can now be found on the CCS website . The centreforchristianstudies.wordpress.com site will show a feed of recent articles and posts (and, you know, might be drawn into service in times of crisis, like if the server hosting our website crashes). If you haven’t yet, why not wander over to the CCS website and check it out.
Welcome to CCS Blog (mirror site)This is a mirror site for the Centre for Christian Studies. Check out the feed of recent articles in the sidebar, or pop over to www.ccsonline.ca to learn more about CCS and its programs.
Search the blog:
- A time of covenanting September 19, 2017God calls us to diaconal ministry. The gospel of Jesus invites all to this ministry: to offer compassion and accompaniment, to work for liberation and justice, to act as advocates of creative transformation. * Colleagues, friends, students and graduates gathered on September 13 to covenant with Michelle Owens as she steps into the roll of … Continue reading […]
- First circle of final year for grads September 17, 2017The Integration I Circle has just finished. The four students who are entering their final year have headed home; Melanie Ihmels & Tif McNaughton to British Colombia, and Catherine Underhill & Anita Rowland to Ontario. While Winnipeg isn’t exactly half way, there are other great reasons to meet at Woodsworth House! This 6-day circle focused … Continu […]
- So long. Farewell! September 10, 2017It was a time of celebration and good-bye. Friends, colleagues, board members, Companions of the Centre, students, graduates and CCS staff past and present gathered on September 6 at St. Lukes Anglican church in Winnipeg to honour retiring principal Maylanne Maybee. Maylanne served as principal of CCS from August 2011 to August 2017, a time … Continue readin […]
- 2017 Learning on Purpose August 25, 2017Participants from across Canada gather for Learning on Purpose.
- Highlights of World Diakonia August 25, 2017Reflections on the gathering of the Diakonia World Federation gathering in Chicago this summer.
- Continuing Studies at the Centre for Christian Studies August 25, 2017You don't have to be a diaconal ministry student to participate in a CCS learning circle.
- An Invented Life August 25, 2017CCS grad Terrie Chedore reflects on her calling as a diaconal artist… “What are you doing these days?” That was the question everyone was asking at World DIAKONIA 2017. What an amazing event! About 450 women and men from over 31 countries! I wasn’t sure how well I would fit in because I am one … Continue reading "An Invented Life"
- Welcome to the New Principal August 25, 2017Come meet Michelle Owens, the new principal of the Centre for Christian Studies.
- Wishing Maylanne Well August 25, 2017Come wish Maylanne well on her retirement.
- CCS Program Redesign – the Anglican Angle June 27, 2017How could the new program structure benefit Anglicans?
- A time of covenanting September 19, 2017
Common ThreadsWould you like to receive CCS news and updates directly to your inbox? Sign up for Common Threads our bi-weekly community update.